How much does a at home pregnancy test cost usually? Not a am I pregnant question!

I'm going to need to raid the change bucket to get one, so I'm just wondering what to expect price-wise. I've never bought one...last time was 7 years ago and I went to a clinic so it was free. Now the clinic is gone.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 10:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Dollar store $1.00 elsewhere upto about $10.00 depending, but tey are all the same.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• $1.00 at Dollar Tree.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• You could post a wanted ad on craigslist or ask your friends.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• A dollar at the dollar store. A store brand one ranges from 3.89 up and ept is 7.99 to 12.99
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Three or four dollars, from what I remember. And girl, get yourself a mad money stash. Just a few bucks you can have around if you want to buy something on impulse. It's understandable if your husband does the checkbook or bills or whatever, but you should have the cash to buy yourself a damn pregnancy test if you want one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Cheapest one I ever bought was $1.00 at Shoppers Food Warehouse grocery store and it worked just fine. I think I may still have one I never used and probably won't need to. I bought several because I was transitioning to the pill and was always paranoid. Gotta check the expiration date on it though....
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Thanks. The only reason I'm raiding the change bucket, is because my husband wont buy me a test. He "controls" the money. And he wants to wait longer before I test...he thinks its in my head or I'm psyching myself out. But I cant stop thinking about it and its going to drive me crazy until I find out!
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Dollar tree for $1. They are accurate and pretty much the same test my Dr used to confirm a positive test years ago.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2013