my 2 going on 3 yr old had a temp of 101.3 last nite @ 8:30 I got t0 break but he woke up @ 4 am this mornig with 102.9 I called the hospital and they couldnt tell me anything when should i take him in

Jennifer659

Asked by Jennifer659 at 5:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't take him to the er. Take him to med express type place, but first try a tepid bath & Motrin Tylenol switch.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Take all his cloths off him and give him some fever reducer medicine.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Give him motrin. Give him a sponge bath with cold water. Especially behind the knees, wrists, neck. Only go in if you can't get it down. I wouldn't go in unless it was 104 or over.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Give him medicine and a cool bath and wash cloth and call your doctor in the morning.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• 1) You are always warmer (higher fever/temp) when you first wake up. Wait 20 minutes to take the temp.
    2) 102 is not a dangerous fever. 104, is a little more to worry about but still not dangerous.
    3) Fever is the body's way of trying to kill an invader, ie: virus or bacteria
    4) Use common sense, dress little one lightly, give a fever reducer if s/he is truly uncomfortable and call the pediatrician, not the ER.

Call your ped, listen to what the on-call doc has to say and follow the directions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2013