Photoshop recomendations?

I am NOT a photographer, I have Zero aspirations to become a photographer.

With that said: My husband bought me a camera for my birthday, and I would like to buy a Photoshop software for family photos and wondered what you would recommend?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 11:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Shopping

• Photoshop is very expensive. Apple computer come with iPhoto that allows you to fix some basic stuff, red eyes and over exposure but not major things like PhotoShop. My dd took a photography class in her freshman year in high school and the school has PhotoShop. Costco sells a low priced version for under $100. The professional version is just under $1000.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I would go for GIMP instead of Photoshop. GIMP is completely free, and I've yet to find something Photoshop can do that GIMP can't. If not GIMP, Picasa also works pretty well.

I wouldn't spend the money on Photoshop, though, especially if you have no intentions of using your photos in any professional way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2013