Are you this delicate with your jewelry?

The other day my SIL came over and she had this beautiful ring (the stone was a tad too big for my taste but it was nice) anyway she says my dh bought it at Tiffany & co. I was OMG it beautiful and she goes on on how it's dirty but it is really sparkly when its clean. I told her well why don't you clean it with your toothbrush she says hell know Im taking it back to Tiffany so they can clean it. I'm like OK.

But if it were me I'd be very gentle with it and clean it myself but if I were in the Tiffany area then of course Id get it clean there but to drive out of my way...HA!

Small vent had to share...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think the green eyed monster may be peeking out.....
    Anonymous

• perhaps she doesn't want to damage the setting/ gold
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• My boyfriend worked in jewelry stores for a long time before opening his own clock and watch repair shop. Cleaning a piece of jewelry or a watch yourself with a toothbrush is fine, but the effect of having it cleaned professionally can be really stunning. The jewelry is usually placed in an ultrasonic machine that gently cleans it, and it comes out like new.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• My jeweler sends some of my pieces out to be cleaned every 3 months or so. If it is just not as sparkly as I'd like, I stop in for a quick cleaning. It makes a HUGE difference then when I just use home jewelry cleaner. She is excited and wants to make sure it looks as good as the day it was bought!
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I'm guessing that she probably gets free cleanings. When my hubby bought my emerald, we got free cleanings for three years. They even cleaned my anniversary set once or twice for no charge. I try to keep them clean by cleaning them at home, but WOW at the difference when they cleaned them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2013