HOW DO I GET OVER THIS

ok... i am 18 with 2 kids... my teen yrs were full of running away . ive always been the type to pack up and go, just for new scenery... i feel the need to leave for no reason every day just for a new place, new ppl. theres nothing wrong with my life as it is.
i know that w/ 2 kids i cant do that anymore.
if i sit at home all day my hubby and i fight b/c i get depressed. i have to be on the move all the time to stay content.
i am working so that helps a little...
how do i get over this?!

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Do it for your kids. How old are your kids?

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• You say you have 2 kids. But your prfile says you have 1 kid.

Answer by louise2 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• i have a girl who is 18 months and a 3 month old boy.. i havent update my profile in 18 months.
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Sometimes you just have to do what is responsible for your children, even if its not what you want or what is easiest for you.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 4:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I have felt like this often, and I have made a lot of moves just to have a fresh start. I think you should start really thinking about what it is you want to move towards, and then plan for it. This way you're moving to improve your situation and live where and how you would like to live, instead of just picking up and leaving and going toward... something. Anything.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• get a job! seriously... it will get you out of the house a bit! Even if it's retail a few hours a couple days/night a week...it's contact with grown ups that you need.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• It's not about YOU anymore. You chose to have children. Your life is now about them.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• i have a job!!!!
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I might be more interested in why you want to move and always have instead, of where to go. Are you afraid to put down roots or are you really unhappy where ever you land. Or, is it because you aren't planning and waiting to get to the place you really want to be? Like are you just moving to move hoping that will be the "place"? I'd also look into your depression. If you have a history of depression, no matter where you are, it will never give you the happiness you're seeking.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• i have a job!!!!

Then maybe you need some counseling to deal with these feelings!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2013