When to plan for a baby?

My husband and I are figuring out when a good time would be to have another baby. My question is what season is best to have a baby? I would think around x-mas wouldn't be fair to the child lol and I don't think I want to have a baby during the winter time. So were your babies planned around the seasons and if so why? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know about you but I'd rather have the baby in the colder months, maybe not too close to christmas but maybe in October, January, February, March etc..
    I HATE being huge pregnant in the hotter months.
    Anonymous

• My last three months were June, July, and August and it was absolutely horrible! I couldn't go outside because it was so hot out! And you will definitely want AC in just about any room you're in!
    Anonymous

• Our DD is a summer baby. - July 4th.

The summer in 2007 wasnt that hot, but hot enough to make it really rough for being in the last couple months of the pregnancy.

But we didnt plan with the season. In matter of fact we didnt plan at all, since the doctors told my DH he wasnt able to have kids. lol

I wouldnt really care about the season though. Whenever you want to get pregnant, and whenever you are able to afford it: go for it!

One good thing about having a summer baby is: birthday parties are always better when the wetter is warm and/or hot :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well I don't mind the idea of having a baby during the summer except I don't want to put myself through that lol...huge, uncomfortable, and hot! I live about 45 minutes from the nearest town and I would want to have a homebirth. I feel confident in having a baby at home, but it's the idea that incase something happened I don't want to be stuck out here in the dead of winter! I don't know I guess the spring time seems the best...I just wanted to hear what others had to say. Thanks for the input!
    Anonymous

• we wantd to concieve next August in order to have the baby at the end of the school year and give me three months at home (I am about to graduate with my teaching degree)
    that didn't work. instead we got pregnant this past Oct. making me due in July. I am not looking forward to summer to be honest and it also throws off my whole career plan. however it will work out because we have decided that I will keep my (high paying) part time job for another year and then they baby will not have to go to daycare until he/she is over a year old. Best laid plans.... sigh
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no mine wasn't planned on seasons but mine was in the summer...and living in the desert in colorado??? um...yea...bad timing...too hot, my husband was always freezing in the house while i was comfortable, and i could not go outside. depends where you're living too i guess is what i'm trying to say. for example, if you live in the humid areas and you have allergies, spring is probably not a good idea but if you don't then that's probably a great time. fall seems to be the best i suppose unless you're into hunting like my husband then fall wouldn't be best cause i sure don't want you hunting in the mountains or woods with a full blown belly. i don't know if i helped any but i hope i did. goodluck
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 9:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• rgie_wermager- Well you definitely made some good points :) I don't have allergies and we don't hunt so I guess that leaves both seasons open. I talked it over with my hubby again today and he feels secure with his job but the unstable market makes him want to wait to have another baby so I guess we'll see...thanks for the input!
    Anonymous