30wks and contracting

so i keep having these mild contractions i think i asked my dr last time i was in and he said they were normal and as long as i didnt have more then 5 in a hour it was no big deal. this was 2 weeks ago i saw him. now at 30wks i notice that every night after work i have atleast 2 a hour for several hours. are these just braxton hick or what and should i ask my dr tomorrow at my apt to check me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have an appointment tomorrow anyway, I would just ask. It can't hurt.
    Anonymous

• If they stop when you change what youre doing and dont keep going to produce active labor then its braxton hicks. If youre worried just ask him to check you.

Answer by gemgem at 5:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I've had contractions since about 28 weeks. bleh. it sucks so I am sorry that you are having to go through it too! If your doc said they are actual contractions then do listen to him about the 5 an hour thing. The only way I have found to reduce how often i get them is to make sure that I am almost over hydrated. i can definitly tell when I have not had enough water that day because I will spend the evening contracting. Or if I have done to much that day, cleaning, walking, etc, the same thing. Good luck, hang in there, and get your water in!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009