Sick 5 year old

This is day 2 of my daughter being sick. Yesterday she woke up about 7am and said she did not feel good. I checked her forehead and her cheeks and while her forehead did feel slightly warm her cheeks were still very cool to the touch. Not 45 min later my husband touched her face and said she was burning up, and sure enough she had a 102 fever. She ate nothing yesterday except 2 chicken nuggets(which she later threw up) around 5. She did nothing yesterday except lay around the house and go for a car ride when we had to run out somewhere. We could only manage to get half a bottle of pedilyte and about a bottle of water in her. Today she has had nothing to eat at all and has had no fever. She now has diarrhea but has not thrown up since last night. She has had one bottle of pedylite and about half a bottle of water. I know she needs the liquids but I dont know how to get it in her when she blatenly refuses to drink it. I need some advice on what to do with her so she does not continue to get worse. I don't want to have to take her to the ER until we have exhausted all other options of getting her better at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Some times scarring kids works. Tell her if she does not start at least drinking liquids. (around a glass an hour) you will have to bring her to the ER and they will stick a big neddle in her arm. And shove a big tub down her nose. As long as she is affraid of neddles it should work.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• She's got a virus. Give her some time to recover. She doesn't need to be doing anything but sipping water if she feels thirsty, and resting.

She doesn't need to go to the ER, it doesn't sound like at all. Just let her be. Let her lounge around and get well
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Do not do what Louise said. Louise! LOL omg.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Well it is not a lie. If she gets dehydrated enough they(the ER) will stick a needle in her arm.  And if she gets to bad they will stick a tube down her nose to her stomach and feed her that way.   Not a lie.  Just if she want her id to at leat drink.  Scare tatics work,  sometimes.

Answer by louise2 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• id=kid

Answer by louise2 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Well I know but we get these kids in the hospital and we have a terrible time treating them because their parents have scared the crap out of them.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• What about Popsicles? They might cool her down and give her some fluids, and there are some with electrolytes in them as well. I hope she feels better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Hope your baby is feeling better today.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2013