Single mom here and want to find Love

Single mom that has a child how is special and needs a lot of classes and don't get out much. Only time I have is going to my son. Any advice for a 27 year old mother of one, single and alone.

eeide86

Asked by eeide86 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• This isn't that kind of site. You might make some good Internet friends here.
    Anonymous

• I had 3 kids, the oldest who is special needs, and I met my husband at school when we were both going back for additional degrees. Have you tried online dating? It's a great way to screen a bunch of men but you have to be very careful!

Answer by missanc at 8:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Schedule time for yourself. Get a sitter and go out with your friends. You deserve it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Go to meetup.com and look for groups in your area where people are getting together doing things you are interested in....books, hiking, going to lunch, museums, movie buffs, etc, etc........join some of these groups and enjoy yourself. You never know who you might meet. I know a couple of people who met their mates this way. They were simply dojng what they enjoyed and met a lot of people through the activity. You can also check out the library bulletin board for group activities and your local newspaper. GL!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Make friends first, then you'll meet more people through you friends. If you find a guy and have few or no friends, he may get bored with you really quick. You should be able to find more quality guys through friends, even if they are couples. Join a hobby group or create one for other parents with special needs parents and invite them over if you can't get out.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Sad thing is lady's I have tired these and no such luck, another thing is I cant get a baby sitter cuz I don't work and my mom who is helping me doesn't let me go out cuz if anything where to happen to me she wouldn't just lose me she would lose her grandson( my son)... So things are rough and I am still single and I know I should take some alone time but as my mom tells me, " she didnt get pregnant so why does she have to take care of the responsibly ..." So I just didnt know if anyone else had my situation and knew how to get out there and meet people and have fun, cuz joining mommy and me clubs and going to play dates don't allow me to meet men.
    eeide86

Comment by eeide86 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I think the parents without partners thing sounds good for your situation. At least you will know that you have parenthood in common. You might be able to meet other moms that would be willing to babysit share with you for dates (you watch their kid when they have a date and they watch yours when you have a date). That way you can get out and it's not costing you anything for a babysitter.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Your 27 and still doing what your mommy tells you?
    How on earth did you ever manage to become pregnant in the first place?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Is there respite care in your area so that you can get out and find a hobby? Or try care.com. If you do things you are interested in, you'll meet people who are also interested in those things and have something in common with you. If you meet men at bars, all you know about them is that they like to drink.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2013