Have you ever checked to see if your male friends have used photos of you to bump their status or make themselves more appealing to other women? Or heard it happen to others

I found out recently that a male friend of mine has been referring to me as his ex-gf to women he's dated.  He's even used it on a dating site.  I asked him a long time ago to remove pics of me he had while we and other friends were all goofing off at the beach, but he wanted to keep them. I found that odd but didn't really think much of it then. We never dated. I'm now more cautious about letting people take photos of me because there is no telling what they will do with those photos and God forbid any of them end up being photoshopped onto something else! I'm cautious even with female friends and not just male friends. We're no longer friends, but I just feel so betrayed.

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 8:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• He sounds pathetic. Maybe he doesn't have a real ex to show off. Take it as a compliment; he must think you're hot. Still, it's not right that he won't take the pics down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I allowed an ex- to photograph me. Sexy/ Provocative but not revealing.
    When I realized what a douche he was I asked him to delete my images across a variety of sites. I even became so (insert negative emotion) I called his new GF and asked Her to do something about it.
    She said, and get this level of insanity, that her pictures weren't up because she was a "real" lady...

A few months later she ditched him acknowledging he had an unhealthy obsession.

The word you are looking for is Cray Cray. It happens. Learn to laugh it off. While I may get corrected over my turn of a phrase, They always get their's in the end.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• WTF??? That's so sleazy!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Yeah he is a dirtbag. And no one has used my old married self to boost their status...yet. lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• That's a bit odd. I would have no problem with a friend posting pics of us hanging out on FB, but lying about our relationship and using it to get dates would definitely ot fly.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 12:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Mine weren't even provocative, but just arms over shoulders with other friends as friends normally do when taking group pics. I just happened to be next to him. We had some pics of our group for another friend's birthday celebration at a restaurant, too, and I just happened to be next to him with another girl on his another side and several other friends. Yeah Cray Cray is right on.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2013