A piece of advice you probably already know ...

Never, never try to wear your kids out! They'll kick your ass every time and be begging for more. We went to two parks today, plus a journey of exploration down a bike trail we hadn't been on before. We played soccer with some neighbor girls in the open field near the house, wore out the swings, and ran around the playground with some other kids who were there. I'm ready to crawl in bed before seven o'clock, and my daughter just said, "Hey Mom, can we go to the pool after dinner?"

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't do things with them to wear them out, I do things with them to make memories... Like "remember the time Mom almost passed out on our hike" kind of memories.... lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• HaHa- this shit is why I am starting to work out again :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• So do I take it she had a good day at school yesterday?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• LOL! It is amazing how much energy they have. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• LOL

Oh girl. Kids never stop!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Lucky kids! I wish I had half of your energy.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• That's why mine is in sports. Let the coach wear her out! lol :p Glad you all had fun tho. I know our days at the park are coming. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I would've taken them to the pool earlier so that you can nap and tan in the sun while they tire themselves out. Then, pop a 5-hour energy drink. Just in case anyone is wondering, I also think they are immune to the sleep effects of Benadryl. I gave some once when the 8 year old had an allergic reaction to a pet and not even a single yawn!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• http://www.livingblind.com/

This is a good resource to learn about the many things people can do, despite their vision problems. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• You disgust me, Crafty. Nobody taught you any damn manners, did they?

It's one freaking thing to ask her questions about her disability out of sincere curiosity. It's totally different the way you do it. Geeze.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2013