Lactose intolerance issues?

We started my son on whole milk at 1 yr old and after weeks of bad sleep, we switched over to Soy milk and it seemed to help the nights. Then 2 weeks late I cut out all the yogurts and cheese and cheese sauces - seems to be helping but I gave him pizza ( not the toppings, just the crust with sauce ) last night and he woke up 6 times -could it be that or teething? I feel I've been saying he's teething for months now and no more teeth come in - he still has only the 8 at 15-1/2 months - IDK - should I get him tested? I was reading on line and I read that toddlers don't really get "intolerant" til later -

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH, added, after a slew of doctors about my own health, I found out just 2 years ago that I am allergic to dairy, that is why nursing was a huge horrible episode, caused my babies horrible stomach problems
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 5:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I am an expert at this! All of my five have dairy allergies! First, limit your sons soy intake, it increases female hormones in boys and should be limited. Try Almond Breeze, either vanilla or chocolate, they are delicious. You can go with the Rice Dream as well, but it isn't as good as the Almond Breeze. I would eliminate ALL casein...which is dairy. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to pm me anytime. I have found great products that are awesome, like the vegan spread I use in substitute of butter......anyway, I'd love to help you out!!  Oh, testing for food allergies is expensive, as a heads up!  All of my children were allergic from birth, it is passed in the genes from Mom to child.....! 

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 5:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son as an infant was lactose intollerant (diagnosed by his Dr.) and he has outgrown it. You can become lactose intollerant at any time. Also, maybe the sauce upset his tummy, if he has an issue with lactose, that can cause his tummy to be sensitive to other things as well, usually with a high acidity level. I would take him to his Pediatrician.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I wondered this with Autumn before. I'd ask your dr if your concerend but I think with little ones its hard to tell and the testing is kinda brutal from what Ive heard. He could have a sensitive stomach and it might be something else you wouldnt think thats bothering him.
    Weesmom

Answer by Weesmom at 9:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009