Carrot Raisin Salad

At the last minute, I had to change what I fixed for my church potluck tomorrow. So I gathered up the odds and ends I could find in my kitchen on the last day before grocery shopping and decided to make carrot raisin salad. I usually add crushed pineapple to mine and make the dressing out of sour cream and mayonnaise with a bit of salt and pepper. But I didn't have sour cream or pineapple, so here's what I came up with, and it tasted better than I thought, like I meant to make it that way! Enjoy.

2/3 bag raw peeled baby carrots, grated
3/4 cup raisins
1 1-pound can sour mandarin oranges in juice
6 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
3 tablespoons milk
1-2 tablespoons honey

Soak the raisins in the juice from the mandarin oranges for about a half hour or till the raisins plump up. It helps to heat the liquid to lukewarm. Drain off the juice.

Mix grated carrots, soaked raisins, and mandarin oranges in a bowl. Break up the oranges with the mixing spoon.

Combine mayonnaise, milk, and honey till smooth. Pour over carrot mixture.

Best if left overnight in the fridge to blend flavors. If I had chopped pecans, I'd add them as well.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Hmmm. That sounds interesting. Might give that a try next week.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• not my kind of salad but thnx : D
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2013