DH's email screen name

Hi, I just tried to email my husband through my youtube account, and I was surprised to see his screen name for youtube is a female name e.g. Laura Jackson.
It kind of intrigues me, as back in the year he registered with this name we were together. I'm afraid to ask him, as he may be offended and start screaming or something. What are your thoughts? Is it like a joke, or something more than that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Why would he start screaming if you ask him about his screen name? Did you stumble upon the name, like he was trying to hide it? Did he know you could find his youtube account?
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• There's no way for us to know. You'll have to ask him and deal with it if he gets offended and starts screaming, I guess. It does seem strange.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• He didn't know I could find his youtube account. I just found out that if I email someone from my youtube account email and they also have an account, their screen names & links are visible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• It could have been an ex's name who used his account before. Maybe look up that name and his hometown name or high school name to see if there is any connection. Either that or he has a transgender identity/online persona you don't know about?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Seriously? He's going to scream over You Tube? What kind of anger issues does your husband have?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Marriage means being able to talk about ANYTHING without fear of being screamed at or looking stupid. If you're afraid to ask about something, that's an enormous red flag to me.

I'd ask straight up. It's more than a bit weird to have a completely different name, down to a different gender!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Well, that was my concern. It could be an ex's name like someone suggested, or something more. Either way, I would ask. If he has an issue with you asking, I have more of a problem with that, then with his choice of screen-name.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Um, yes seems very weird ask him already he's a big boy he'll get over whatever he may be hiding or doing?? ask him...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I am with gdiamante. You should be able to talk to him about anything with out getting yelled at like a child.

I would just ask my DH. " Whats with the girl name on your youtube account."

Answer by louise2 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2013