What do you clean your child's training toilet out with?

What's the process, do you put water in it before they use it? Do u flush the peepee or poo and then spray with Clorox or wipe with Clorox wipe....???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would spray it with Home Sense with bleach, and wipe it with a paper towel,
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Yes, I flushed first. No, I didn't put water in it first.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I didn't put water in before my daughter used her training chair when she was small. I just flushed the load, then wiped out with Lysol on a cleaning rag. Eventually I ditched the potty chair altogether and went with one of those padded ring seats that makes the hole in the regular toilet seat smaller and has handles on the sides for a toddler to hold onto.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• my kids hated their potties lol so we used the kids toilet seats that hooked on to the big toilet.. maybe baby number 3 will use one when hes old enough.. if my kids did you one i would was it out in the bath tub after dumping the poop or pee in the potty. of course poop has to be really cleaned out. so soap and bleach water.. i wouldnt put water in it 1st. that can over flow with pee. or splash up on them.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• I'd spray it with whatever cleaner & rinse & wash under hot water, wipe seat with a germ killer wipe
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I would mix a mixture of vinegar 2 to 1 and water and use that after you rinse it well. Vinegar is a natural antibacterial, and will not harm the child if they touch it before it dries. There are many uses for vinegar if you look them up.
    SAMI_JO

Answer by SAMI_JO at 10:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2013