I've been eating soup wrong

I just figured out that you're supposed to add water to condensed soup. Duh! I feel so stupid lol. Dh was heating some up and he started putting water in it and I was like "wtf are you doing?". Has it really been right there on the can this whole time? Am I the only one that didn't know? Lol

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 2:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• lol....that is funny!!
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 3:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Eww, that had to taste salty. Glad you finally know, now it will make more.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• It depends on the soup maker. Campbell's needs water but Progresso doesn't. You really need to read the label. But good luck with it. Some recipes call for soup concentrate, which is really the Campbell's soup without the water.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Soeme you need to. Some you don't. You really need to READ THE CAN every time. I do not put the total amout of water in the soup. Makes it to watery for me. I usualy put half the amount.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• A friend of mine never added water. She said that the condensed was more like what she was used to eating at home.

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I add water to it if I'm making it for the kids but not for myself
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• haha thats a great story! when i make condensed tomato soup i add milk instead of water...sooo much better!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• How old are you?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I've never seen anyone do that before dh so it's not just me lol. I guess my family is bad about reading directions.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yeah, the directions have always been right there on the can. Well, if it's Campbells is has been. Lots of people use those soups in recipes without adding water though.

FTR, I wouldn't say you were eating it wrong.  I would say you were refusing to follow directions, like a kitchen rebel.  That sounds more bad-ass.  LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2013