I'm not sure which date to use as my last menstrual period

I had a regular period on February 25th..then I went off birth control a few days later. On march 9th and 10th I had pretty heavy bleeding. Got my positive HPT on April 3rd. I can't figure out which date to use to estimate my due date. Feb date would make me about 6 weeks along and based on my 28 day cycle I would have just hit 4 weeks yesterday if I use the march date. I'm confused because up to a week after my period was due using the feb date I was testing negative so I would've been over 5 weeks before getting a positive. With the march date I wouldn't have even been 4 weeks when I got the BFP. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Wait for the ultrasound

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I'm inclined to think the March dates would be your last period, but I would just tell your doctor about the Feb period, the March dates, and going off bc between them, and when you got a positive result. They'll likely order an ultrasound and that should help figure out how far along you are.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I still believe that February was your last period. You probably had some heavy bleeding due to coming off the bc.
    SAMI_JO

Answer by SAMI_JO at 9:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I agree with BB. Tell your Dr.'s office both dates and they will probably go off of the later one and then confirm with an ultrasound.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• You would use the most recent day you started heavy bleeding which would have been March 9th. Due to coming off your birth control it started your cycle early so your "regular' 28 day cycle" is no longer effective. This is why doctors instruct you when you are coming off of birth control to wait a few months until your cycle regulates itself BEFORE trying to conceive.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Kristi...you are always such a snob. Seriously...you should just stop answering people because you always have to be bitchy about it. So annoying. We didn't think we'd get pregnant right away because he has fertility issues. I was surprised and VERY HAPPY to find that I had gotten pregnant so quickly...no need to lecture or try to steal my glory. I'm a happy girl...maybe you should find something that makes you happy other than being a snobby bitch on a website. Thanks :D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Well if people weren't so stupid maybe I wouldn't have to be such a snob when I answer their idiotic questions. I wasn't lecturing either, I was stating FACTS. I know you have a difficult time with the concept. 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2013