If my water hasnt' broke but is leaking will it be really noticeable??

I know my water hasn't broke, im 39 weeks but since yesterday morning im really wet down there. . I dont know if it could be my water leaking or just alot of discharge? sorry if tmi but its completely clear which is y im not sure. . I have my weekly checkup tomorro afternoon but that is over 48 hours from when it started. . Im sure im just over reacting. . I just want to know if its leaking would it be alot??? its not going through my clothes or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When my water broke, there was no gush. It just started trickling. If it is watery and odorless and it just keeps trickling (i.e. you go through a panty liner every hour or so) then you water may have broken. Go to the doctor/hosptial. I was shocked at how uneventful the whole going into labor thing was.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with the last poster, when my water broke it simply trickled down my leg. I honestly thought I had peed myself!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 6:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yepp agree with the first
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• With my first daughter I went though the same thing and I didn't think that my water had broken but just to be safe I went in to at least get checked and it had. It could be that your water broke because its not always a gush. If I were u I would at least go in and get checked all they do is swab you to check and it doesn't take long but if your water broke they like to get the baby out within 24 hours so I would at least get checked.
    leemarie18

Answer by leemarie18 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ok . .i guess i should go in i just didn't really want to cause i was just there a week and a half ago because i was cramping really bad and it was a false alarm. . Ive been there 4 times since i got pregnant and im sick of them looking at me like im over reacting.
    Anonymous

• lol I'm 34wks with my second daughter and I have been in over 4 times and they may look at you like your over reacting but if you feel like something is not right its always better to get checked then just wait because your afraid of what they are going to think. If your that worried I would call and talk to one of the nurses and see what they think
    leemarie18

Answer by leemarie18 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If you're feeling fine, there is no reason to go in. Also, they will put you on an unnecessary time limit the moment bateria is introduced into the vagina (by checking). If you want to avoid augmentation of labor and drastically lower your chances of having a c-section, stay home until you are sure you are in labor, or if you encounter a problem.
    squish

Answer by squish at 6:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I never had trickles they were all big pops and then splash. My water didn't break until I was at the end of both of my labors. If I were you I would go in and get checked. Better safe than sorry. And who cares how many times you have been to the hospital... that's what they are there for. Don't be silly like my husband was last time. He said we weren't going to the hospital again until my water broke ( we already went a few times and they were false alarms). My son was almost born in the car. Go there get checked out and you will at least have piece of mind.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 6:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Be sure to keep everything out of the vaginal until you know for certain. IF you've ruptured the membranes it will likely become obvious. When you go to the appointment tomorrow remember to check externally only. Internal checks add risk and don't help anything, anyway.

It might be discharge or a high leak or pee.
    Any of these are possible, but not an immediate worry.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I walked around for a week with a high leak in my water and did not know it. I would just feel like i had pee-ed myself when i knew I hadnt a couple of times a day. The day I went into labor i asked my mom when this "annoying leaking was going to stop" lol. so, definitly worth getting checked out. You never know, could be nothing, could be something. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009