Grammar Police?

Okay I have seen one too many post today with the grammar police only there to correct grammar. Is anyone else annoyed by this? Do you feel the need to correct grammar? I do not feel it is something I have time to do, we are all busy moms right? Does it really matter if someone puts a hyphen in the wrong spot or accidentally spells something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree. I only say something if I can't make sense of the question because of it. But otherwise, just answer the question and move on.
    Anonymous

• lol I try to speak and type as well as I should, but I agree we are all too busy to be taking time to spell check out questions.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I typically never correct someone. However, today I did, because someone was arguing with me about my opinion-so yeah I called her out:)
    Anonymous

• No cuz who carez what way u types anyway.

its all be gud.

Heh. :)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I do, if the person is being an ass, or if they are calling someone else stupid...otherwise I just let it be.
    Anonymous

• I am a huge Grammar cop. I don't do it with people I don't know and wouldn't do it on here but with my children...they don't EVER get away with improper grammar. It is my biggest pet peve, I can't stand it. I feel correcting them and teaching them the proper way to speak is preparing them for the world, the need to speak correctly because there is a negative stigma that goes along with people who don't. They self correct now which is great.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont mind the occasional mess up or typo because were all busy but when its to where you cannot even understand what the posters trying to say then Ill say something. It is annoying when you see people write things and then wonder how they are in person LOL. I wonder, wow do they really speak this way in real life and if so how do they get by?
    Anonymous

• I am working towards being an English teacher and I am well aware my grammar is not always perfect. I type fast, make mistakes, and spell words incorrectly. I just make sure that what i am trying to say is clear and that's all I can do.
    I do not appreciate a really long answer with really awkward non-sentences simply because I just can't make sense of them... but I wouldn't try to correct them

also I know "I" should be capitalized but my shift button doesn't always work right so I type that wrong a lot too.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The only time I say anything is when another person is being a rag about something and acting really smart while calling me an idiot. Then I have to wonder why someone who can't spell or use proper grammar is calling me an idiot. Other than that though, I rarely take issue with those kinds of things.

Anonymous

• yeah im glad they didnt come around on me i have the worst grammar ever and it is annoying
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009