What if you didn't vaccinate your child and when they grew up they wanted to be vaccinated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How do you tell them when they grow up "Oh yeah by the way you're not vaccinated?" that would be a weird conversation...
    Anonymous

• what is with all the vaccinated questions today. enough is enough already
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont know how to answer that because mine are vaccinated. I'm sure the kids would have to know they were not vaccinaed it comes up to often for sports and school.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Every adult has the choice to vaccinate themselves against their parent's wishes, so, there's your answer.

Myself and my 4 siblings were not vaccinated, we're all grown and we are all very happy that our parents made that decision. And I don't vaccinate my child either.

And as for, how do you tell your child they aren't vaccinated? Huh? You say "You're not vaccinated." Simple as telling them that they are.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• They could probably go in and get vaccinated then, right?

I don't know. My children are vaccinated so I guess i don't have to worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Well if you don't tell them before hand and they want to go to college or join the military and cannot because they aren't up to date on their shots then I guess they get mad when they find out it is too late!
    Anonymous

• you can still join military and go to college without shots. and if they wanted to get vaccinated thats fine it would be their decision when the are older. but i would let them know throughout their life if it ever got brought up that they are not vaccinated and this and this is why... and they can make their decision when they are older if thy want to get vaccinated or not...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I was vaccinated based on what was available when I was a child. When I grew up there were new vaccinations so I got them. I think its really that easy. I got them when I enrolled in college since they were manditory for the college I went to.

Answer by gemgem at 6:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my nephew was not vaccinated. He wanted to go in the Army..so he got vaccinated. They just made him wait an extra six months to complete it all. When he went to boot camp he got LOTS of others vaccinations. It was no big whoop.

You tell your child "I made the decisions I made based on the best knowledge I had at the time"..end of conversation. All you can be asked to do as a parent is the best you can.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009