I've heard that you start showing earlier with your second pregnancy...was that true for you? How early did you start showing?

How early did you show with your second pregnancy?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• With my first I didn't show until almost 5 months, with my 2nd it was closer to 4 months. With my 5th I was down to showing at 3 months. I think some of it also depends on how large you are to start with, but generally you show earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Oh yes!! Your body remembers and just gives out much quicker. My 1st was a girl and I carried all around. My 2nd was a boy and I only showed in front. From the back you couldn't tell I was pregnant. It depends from person to person and the sex of the baby.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes, with my first I didn't start showing until about 5-6 months. That is when I got out of the "is she pregnant or just fat" stage and into the yup pregnant stage. With my second I was showing at about 3-4 months.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2013

• YES! I needed maternity clothes by 4 months with my 2nd.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes. I was very obviously pregnant pretty early on with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes. I am not a thin person and I was in maternity clothes by 10-12 weeks. Everyone thought I was going to have twins... including the doctor at one point. I was obviously pregnant looking by 4 months. With my first I did not really look pregnant until I was 7-8 months. I just looked fat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes I didn't really have a belly until 6 months with my first and with my second around 3 months.when I was four months pregnant with my first I weighed 115ish i stayed tiny but blew up after six months.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I think it really depends. I showed sooner on my second, but much later on my third. Then my fifth I showed the first week!!! Turns out I had a ton of extra fluid and basically measured 12 weeks ahead until the end. With this one, I haven't started showing until later then the last one for sure!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes. After the first the muscles have already been stretched so you do tend to show earlier.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes, easily within a month.

Answer by Bmat at 7:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2013