Let's talk OCT Plan B

Hypothetically of course.  If plan B was avalible OTC when you were having kids.  Would you have had all the kids you have now?

Lets just say I would have taken advatage of it.

Asked by louise2 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• yes, i would have had all the kid i have. i wanted both of them.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Yes. My children were both planned.
    I've never had an unplanned pregnancy. I went to Planned Parenthood when I was young and broke to get birth control when I wasn't yet ready for children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes. I was on birth control when I didn't want kids, and when it failed it was an unplanned blessing. Besides, by the time you know birth control failed its too late anyway.

Answer by missanc at 12:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Well, yeah...of course, my oldest is only 6 but, she was planned. My youngest was a surprise but, considering I didn't think that I was going to get pregnant with her, it never would've occurred to me to take Plan B.

I was on BC pills prior to having children & never had an issue.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• NO, I would never have taken advantage of it! I LOVE my boys and couldn't imagine my life w/o them.
    That being said, I wasn't sleeping around with a bunch of different men either.
    My kids were wanted.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes mine were planned.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• No, it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. I went o see my doctor about taking the pill when I was 16 and took it religiously for over 20 years. I only had one unplanned pregnancy and that was when I was off the pill (had a hormonal problem) and using condoms and spermicide and had no reason to believe that this had failed until I had a positive HPT. I was 42.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Yes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Well YES because by the time I figured out I was pregnant Plan B wouldn't have been effective anymore (It's a morning after pill not an abortion). And the second, while not planned, was not prevented against.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• It would have effected nothing for me.

Since Plan B only works if you take it a few days after unprotected sex and will do nothing in implantation takes place, I don't see people using it as an over priced birth control option. (IE I will just have unprotected sex and take a $50 pill each time) Most people who have unplanned pregnancies are not aware of them until after implantation has taken place and the Plan B pill is no longer and option.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2013