Avent or dr.browns

Wich one is better for fussiness gas and colic opinions please

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Dr. Brown's bottles have a couple of extra pieces, including a tube that goes down into the bottle, sort of the way the tube sticks down into a pump for lotion or hand soap. The extra pieces are designed to keep air out as the baby sucks on the nipple. Some say the bottles are too expensive, but I rejoiced when I finally found them. I had the baby bottle graveyard on my kitchen counter of all the different shapes and designs we'd tried with little success. Once we found Dr. Brown's, my baby turned a corner nutritionally and started to put on weight like she was supposed to. She was getting about half breastmilk and half Enfamil. Every baby is different, but if yours is plagued with gas or colic, Dr. Brown's bottles are definitely worth a try.

Answer by Ballad at 10:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I used both and preferred Avent. I was given Dr Browns by my sil but the lactation consultant at the hospital gave me Avent. It worked much better for my little ones.

Answer by missanc at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Dr Brown is what I used for my DS 8 years ago but DD was BF.

Answer by liss05 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I use an Avent sippy, I don't know about bottles I breast fed

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• Dr. Browns ONLY!

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I used these for both my babies

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• I hated Avent. I couldn't ever get them screwed on correctly and so had leaks. I switched to playtex drop ins and my DD's gas and colic improved drastically. I used them in conjunction with breastfeeding and has really good results. :)

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• For my baby, Dr. Brown's was nothing less than a miracle. Her gas and fussiness disappeared almost completely. But every baby is different.

Answer by Ballad at 6:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2013

• why not the breast?

Answer by feralxat at 5:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2013