Do you live in Idaho?

I live in California and my family is considering moving to North Idaho. Is Idaho a good place to raise kids? My husband does Heating and Air Conditioning. Is this an in demand job? We also home school. Any home school info? What do you love about Idaho? What do you hate about it? Anything you can tell me is appreciated.

Asked by krysta.cole at 1:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have a cousin with a ranch there, but her kids were long grown and gone before she moved there. Certainly the cost of living is much much much cheaper than where you currently are.

Businessweek lists Moscow Idaho as the best place in that state to raise a family.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Why did you ask this question three times? That's obnoxious.

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• no

Answer by DJDNY at 6:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Nope.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• No, but I grew up in western MT which is very similar in topography. It's beautiful. Drugs are a big problem. Not sure about homeschooling or the work thing, but some online searches should prove useful to find out.

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Closest I ever got to Idaho was eating a potato here in Ohio. I do have an aunt though who has lived in Idaho for about 30 years, raised 4 of my cousins there. My cousins say it is pretty much cows and hay, but surely that is not everywhere in the state of Idaho. Overall though, they love calling Idaho home, and rush home from college every chance they get.

Answer by NicNatsMom at 4:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• No I don't sorry....NY

Answer by mrs.MOM34 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2013

• Eh it's okay moved here to northern idaho 3 years ago. Dont know much about it but I do know accrding to my husband boise is kinda like desert??? and it gets hot. as for kids dont know yet just had my first and the other two live with his ex. I know when they where going to school in Bonners Ferry it was 5 days a week. FYI DON'T move to Bonners Ferry scum live there. Moyie Springs is near Bonners Ferry. uh Sandpoint is okay kinda expensive (or so I think) and Coeur d'Alene is nice size living there right now. Lots of house's for sale as well.

Answer by RitzCrackerz at 11:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• We live in Idaho- I think it is a wonderful place to raise a family. The hardest/ worst part of living here is the scarcity of GOOD jobs. On the other hand, if you have work the cost of living is very low, much lower than CA. The panhandle of the state is beyond beautiful and you will find wonderful homeschooling programs and flexibility in this state. There are several options, we will be using the program that allows a flexible schedule, supplies, and electives. We do have income tax here, but property tax and auto insurance etc is much cheaper. You should find homes affordable in many areas as the market hasn't recovered much. Heating/Air Conditioning seems like it would be a solid job... as the weather here requires both it is just a matter of finding a position of marketing oneself. The economy is rather...poor, many people don't have a lot of money. You could look on and such to find jobs in CDA.

Answer by 414Rose at 5:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2013