Bathing after membranes stripped

Well, I'm 40 weeks and 3 days preggo and I would enjoy having my baby lol. I had my membranes stripped on Friday and I'm having some contractions, and I know warm baths help with labor. My question is can I still bathe after I have my membranes stripped or will it give the baby an infection like when the water breaks?

wannabee_mommy

Asked by wannabee_mommy at 6:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No youre fine and can take a bath. You just cant if your water breaks. I had mine stripped and they said it was fine until my water broke.

Answer by gemgem at 6:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yup youre good! i had mine stripped and immediately after i went on a two hour walk, went home, bathed for an hour, then took another two hour walk and had my baby the next day lol. i was DONE being pregnant =) i was going to do anything i had to do
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You can still take a bath.

Anonymous

• Unless your water breaks go right ahead and take a bath. If you don't feel safe taking a bath take a shower. It's perfectly alright to take baths/showers up until your water breaks.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 6:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ok, thank you! I've been dying to take on and my bf wanted me to check to make sure lol
    wannabee_mommy

Answer by wannabee_mommy at 6:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes it's safe and I'm not sure why so many people said you can't after you water breaks...Women give birth in water ALL the time.
    Anonymous