Does anyone else not watch the news anymore?

I'm so sick of hearing sad stuff and politics and other stuff depressing me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• agreed unfortuantaely the sad stories sell better and make for better "news" so thats what gets on air
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• the only news source i watch now is the daily show and the colbert report!! theyre hilarious and im still somewhat getting the news!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree, I watch enough to be in the know on current events but I refuse to feed into the "soap operas" the media create out of EVERY single story.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont watch it anymore unless its specific shows I like. Its too depressing.

Answer by gemgem at 6:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't have a cable or get local channels. So I don't watch the news.
    IceMistress105

Answer by IceMistress105 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Of course I watch the news...I don't want to stick my head in the sand and pretend everything is peachy keen. Ok maybe that sounded harsh but I want to be an informed American. I bounce between CNN and Fox and lately the tone has been about the same, nothing like during the election. I especially want to know when important legislation is up for a vote I want my voice to be heard and lately they are ignoring us and hoping we will forget. There aree some extremely important things that Pres Obama is putting on the table and next is the Housing crisis which personally I think should've been included in the so called "Stimulus Bill" This will affect everyone, we had better be paying attention.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I read my news. Then I don't have to hear about people torturing their kids to death, etc.

I want to know what's going on in politics, so I check it out from a couple of different sources online.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i agree... it is very depressing, and quite scary sometimes....

i always watch it tho, i like to know whats going on around me.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I watch Fox News, I listen to Limbaugh, I love Hannity and Huckabee. I adore Ted Nugent, actually, don't laugh at that, he is totally awesome!! I like Dennis Miller, Karl Rove, Dick Morris....anyway. I also like to watch Nancy Grace. I do limit it when it seems to overwhelm me, but I am a person who doesn't get depressed, I get irate and irritated, not depressed. I have to turn it off when I start yelling "you complete detached lying morons"..."you have GOT to be kidding me"......"you can't honestly think we are THAT stupid"......."what the blankety blank blank blank".........!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 7:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I believe in knowing what is going on in the world. If we are not knowlegeable about the affairs of our world how can we effect changes? This is our Nation and we have rights so you need to know whats going on. Good or bad
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009