In your opinion

Is it ethical if the Pediatrician talks about your personal info in front of other patients ??

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• All information you share with your doctor/ped is strictly confidencial. They say/sign an oath at the begiining of their career stating this. It is illegal for them to do that withot your permission.
    Anonymous

• Nope.
    My OB did that and it really got under my skin. I ignored it then but if my sons' dr did that...Id be all over them.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont mind it since I have nothing to hide or care about if others knew. I can see how some would mind.
    Anonymous

• My Pediatrician which has been getting me upset from day one basically did that today she wanted us to set up another appointment i told her i would have to call her and check my schedule we are getting a new one tomorrow but she really has me irked
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Hell No, he or she should NEVER divulge medical info like that.

Anonymous

• I don't it's ethical, they have laws against it called HIPPA but I also I think it depends on what you mean.
    Were they sharing info? Or careless when speaking to you and other's over heard? And how personal was it?
    I think the first care is for sure WRONG!
    The second one... maybe a mistake that you could bring up to the doctor and tell them it upset you
    And depending on how personal the info was I think also depends on how serious it was.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No. It's actually against the law. Speak up. Simply say "I would really appreciate if you would respect my privacy and not talk about my health care concerns where other people can overhear." It reminds him of the law and of common courtesywithout being nasty or confrontational.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• she wasnt directly talking to me infact she was talking to another patient and a nurse and it was about how we dont have medicaid and that we are not feeding our child very well
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Its not only unethical its illegal.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 7:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009