Okay you Colorado mama's!

We are heading there Thursday to Saturday. How is the Denver zoo? Worth it? Also anyone live in Ft Collins maybe? That's where we are going but we are going to the zoo before we drive there. Any other suggestions on things to do?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Travel

• The new elephant exhbit at the zoo is spectacular. You can get right up close to the animals and see how big they are. The zoo also has a nice old-fashioned carousel. Right close to the zoo there's the Museum of Science and Nature, the Ocean Journey Aquarium, the Children's Museum, and the Butterfly Pavilion. You could spend a whole day at each and not see everything.

My sister lived in Fort Collins when she went to college, but I'm not really sure what all there is to do there. Boulder has a lot of unique little bookstores and toy shops, and ethnic restaurants. Or you could come on over, I'm about halfway between Denver and Fort Collins! Have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Boulder is a really cool town with a nice outdoor mall area.

I lived in CO Springs for 7 years. Great state!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• http://www.newbelgium.com/LegalPurchasingAge.aspx?ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.newbelgium.com%2fhome.aspx

New Belgium Brewery is in Ft. Collins and they have a tasting room.  I doubt it's kid friendly.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I'm not so familiar with Ft. Collins. It was a nice place but we just don't get up there too often.

Boulder is an awesome place. The Pearl Street Mall is a pedestrian mall with lots of food and shops. Chatauqua is gorgeous if you like hiking.

The Denver Zoo is nice. We don't go too often now as the kids are older. There is a new Asian elephant exhibit.

You could just drop by my place for a couple of hours.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• The Denver zoo is sweeeeet also the sixteen street mall. You can go to the modern art and the museum of science and history. I live right in Denver drop on by. Have fun out here!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• My uncle lives there and I was going to go see him but he's school and work scheduled is so busy we cant see him this time around
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• lol and I will have both my kids so looks like I have to pass.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2013