Is this pushing beliefs?

My friend is on pinterest and she post a lot and I mean a lot of Atheist stuff and Political stuff. Her and I share the same beliefs and thought on both subjects (finally after 22 years of friendship). Once she was able to break free from her strict LDS family and finally think for herself.
Anywho, someone keeps commenting on her pins that she needs to stop and she would be upset if that person pushed her beliefs on her. Now I know my friend and she doesn't push anything on anyone unless they ask for the debate.
Is posting a shit load of that stuff considered pushing her beliefs on people?
I have even thought she posted a lot of that stuff but hey it's her pinterest page she is free to post what she wants. I commented to that girl that she wasn't pushing anything that she was free to post what she wants and that she was the one that is deciding to take it to heart.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Pinterest, my pins...if you don't like it, un-follow me, or at the very least un-follow that particular board I'm pinning them to. I can't stand it when people think they can dictate what you can/can't do on your own page.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• She's not posting her beliefs on other people's pages, so I don't see it as 'pushing'. People don't have to follow her.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• What the hell? No one HAS to follow a board on Pinterest. I have a board with like 400 nail polish pics. Am I pushing manicures on the raggedy nailed girls? I have a couple of very religious friends who post lots of religious pins on their inspiration boards. I just unfollowed them so my page isn't full of religious stuff. Simple.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• It's her Pinterest page, she can post whatever she wants on it. It's not pushing. If she were posting it on someone else's board, that would be pushing, but not on her own page.

I've always been of the opinion that Pinterest, Facebook, etc. is just like TV: A network doesn't have to take a show off just because I don't like it or am offended by it - it's my responsibility to change the channel and watch something else. Therefore, it's my responsibility to unfollow or hide someone if I feel I don't want to see what they're posting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:29 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I don't share the same beliefs as you and your friend but what she posts is none of my business, and I wouldn't be offended by it. She is in no way pushing her beliefs on anyone by pinning something, the other lady sounds like an idiot.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• That is the cool thing with Pinterest, you can choose to unfollow the person, or just the board you don't like. No, it isn't pushing anything IMO.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• No, simply because that other person does not need to follow her pins, period.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• i dont see it as pushing at all. its not like FB where you cant just unfriend or block them, lest you alienate a family member (which is always drama free haha). this is the reason i dont tell family i have a Pinterest account...its just for me and if someone doesnt like what i post they can unfollow and get the fuck over it!

like i pin a TON of Doctor Who stuff...im sure it would be very annoying to anyone that isnt a fan of the show. ya know what they should do? unfollow that board...its not rocket science. the only reason that lady is upset is b/c its religious in nature and she needs to get a life.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Is posting a shit load of that stuff considered pushing her beliefs on people?

No. while it may be obnoxious to view and a general nuisance she is not going out of her way to convince others of the things she posts. She's just posting shit she likes. However I would begin to question the person commenting on the pins depending on the frequency and content of the comments. If she goes out of her way on every pin to comment about her own beliefs and how the "pinner" is somehow "wrong" etc. then yeah it could be pushing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I don't see merely sharing or pinning things to be "pushing." Now going out of your way to comment on something someone pins on Pinterest seems kind of pushy, IMO. It's a little different than on Facebook, where you're posting to an audience of your "friends," because you pin things for yourself, if you get what I mean. It's not just for sharing with others, but also for keeping track of recipes, quotes, etc, that you like and want to be able to access again in the future. It's also more neutral than Facebook because people are free to follow or unfollow individual boards, or even your profile completely, whereas with Facebook there's the idea of friendship, which is a two way thing, if you get what I mean. I see Pinterest kind of as someone driving with a bumper sticker, and Facebook as actual interactions between friends. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't post things on Facebook, lol, just kind of making a comparison - cont
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2013