Any dental professionals?

My son was told he needs a scaling done, he can't afford it, can they do a regular teeth cleaning just so it doesn't get worse, without doing the scaling until he can afford it?

Asked by ohwrite at 10:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Health

• does he have insurance? if so most insurances cover deep cleanings 100% after a deductible

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• You can buy scaling tools online or at a major store like Walmart or Target.

Also, offers cheap dental discounts (not insurance but it's almost the same and pricing is upfront, just look for the fees link for each provider in the directory).

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• He does have insurance, but it's going to be about $200 even with insurance.

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• can he ask if he can make payments?

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Well, he just moved and can't really afford any more right now. That's why he wants to get just a teeth cleaning to keep it from getting worse.

My question is just is it possible to get the teeth cleaning, his teeth don't get any worse. My husband and I would help out, but hubby was out of work for awhile last year, and was short hours for months last year, so our budget is tight as well.

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2013