Chicken pox?!

So two days ago my oldest and my 3yo started getting red spot and they looked like mosquito bites but im not so sure anymore cause my 3yo said they are painful. Now i don't know chicken pox are serious enough to go to the doctor since alot of kids go through it. What do you ladies think? If they are im just worried about risking other people getting it.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Health

• can you post a picture of them? Or maybe google search chicken pox and see if they look the same?
    if they are painful i would suggest you do take them to the doctor.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• where did the spots start and where have they spread to?
    If you can post a picture it would help a bunch

Answer by daylily888 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I cant post a picture but they started on her face and they are all over her left arm there is one on her stomach one on her side. They are red and raised some are small and some are big and they look painful. They dont have puss coming out of em.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I would take them to the doctor. It's better safe then sorry.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Could be chicken pox, but could be something else. Probably best to take them to the Dr. to confirm. The bumps should look like little blisters. Don't let them scratch or pop them. I got pox when I was in HS and it was miserable, but kids usually don't have as hard of a time with them as adults do. I got a fever and felt really run down and tired as well.

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• It could be. I would go get it checked out to be sure. They would be blister like with clear fluid in them. Try not pop them it can spread it around more and scar.

Answer by Worrywart01 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I would go to the dr.

Answer by missanc at 11:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I would take them to the doctor just to be sure, better safe than sorry.

Answer by Alisim at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Call ahead

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Chicken pox look like small watery blisters.
    They aren't hard like mosquito bites and they itch like crazy. They are often accompanied by fever.

Both of my boys got them (6 years apart, both were vaxed for it too.)

I would take her in as it is obviously something, a different virus, bites, a reaction to something or some vague rash.

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2013