How do you feel about google glass?

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/strip-clubs-theaters-google-glass-wont-be-welcome-everywhere-1B9231620

I think technology is definitely in the rhelm of just because you can with is one.

The article names a few reasons to ban them at least in certain places.  But what about people standing in line  when you swipe your card and use a pin number or sign your name?

Sure it might be great to film the baby no hands as (s)he takes the first steps and little Johny as he is playing soccer.  But people will not stop with using it for the nice sweet recordings as we all know.  What do you think?

Wholesale invassion of privacy?  A great acheivement?  A wonderful new tool?

If you think it is good or bad, why and what would could it be used for?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Technology

• Good point Dardenella. I, too, then it's just frivolous and not going to be useful for everyday life so why even have it? It would only be good in situations like harassment at work or at home, private eye work, and more illegal uses than legal ones. I just don't like the idea of anyone being able to record you anywhere. You could be taking a walk and some stalker perv could be filming you.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• i find it annoying. DH thinks its the greatest thing ever and doesnt understand why i dont like it. maybe its b/c i already wear glasses everyday that i dont see the appeal in it. also, if most ppl cant handle texting and driving what makes them think they can handle video taping all the boring dumb stuff they do everyday...while walking/driving/etc. my view is that most ppl disconnect from the world enough as it is w/ their smart devices...do they really need a more "in your face" device in which to ignore the world?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I think it's pointless. But it's a pointless device that I think could also be used in bad ways. It mentions no blinking red light to let you know it's recording - I can just hear the sleazy guy in my head, "No, baby, it's not recording." lol Even not on the face, if it's sitting on the bedside table.

I love technology, don't get me wrong. I love my cell phone that lets me text friends and family far away, my laptop that lets me write anywhere and look up any bit of info I need in order to write believably. I love my Kindle that lets me take (at this moment) 3,000 books with me anywhere I go.

But there's a point where it goes too far. I always leave my cell phone off on Sundays (unless we actually go somewhere) and connect with my family - not that I don't other days of the week, but you get the point. I think these glasses are over that line into "too far."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2013