Rectal temp? Did I harm my baby? adult content

I am a mom of two but feel like a newbie here with my second. She two months old had her first shots and was running a fever. I did her temp under the arm and it was 101. My husbands family was here and kept bugging me to take it rectal because it would be more accurate. Anyway needless to say I did and now I worry that I hurt her and do not know it. I maybe put it in a inch but no more for sure and she never cried or moved at all. She smiled the whole time. There was no bleeding with her bowel movements and it has been two days since I did it. Would she show signs already if I had torn something. Please no rude comments I already know I'm am a worrywart as my screen name says but I can not stop thinking I hurt her. She cries alot from reflux and colic so it's freaking me out.

Worrywart01

Asked by Worrywart01 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 days ago, no bleeding, she didn't fuss when it was happening. What do you think you did when she isn't displaying any symptoms of anything? You are going to worry yourself into an early grave.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• She is probably fine but do yourself a favor & get the Exergen Temporal Thermometor. You just swipe iit across the forehead. hey sell it at Walmart.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Ridiculous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• or some valium
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• She has been super fussy and still running a low grade fever and it's been four days since the shots. I was worried I might have perforated her bowel. Called doctor about fever and fussing. They do not seem to concerned.
    Worrywart01

Comment by Worrywart01 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Low grade fevers are no Reason for concern.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Again if u are gonna be rude please keep it to yourself. I know I freak out.
    Worrywart01

Comment by Worrywart01 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• People have been taking the temperature rectally since God knows when. Unless you shoved the whole thing up her butt, I am thinking you are probably overreacting.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• If you hurt her she would have let you know.
    You and she are just fine.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• They* not hey :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2013