Who in the city counsel usually books/provides the license for entertainment acts?

Or what department? And I mean big acts, like a circus. They can't just come to town and entertain. Someone in this town has to be in charge of assigning them paperwork to fill out first, right? Who exactly does that?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Entertainment

• They need a Permit. Call or Go to your local Town Hall & ask who issues Permits for Public events.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• It depends on where the event is located at. Most of our big events are held at our trade center and there is someone there to schedule entertainments like that.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• and sorry for my bad spelling LOL
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• oh ok. The circus usually performs in a vacant lot in town
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Have you checked on your city's website to see if you can find the information there? Also, may I ask why you are wanting to know this information (mainly curious but it may help me point you in the right direction).

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• thank you yes...a
    permit" is the word I'm looking for!

I am asking because the local Humane Society and I will be working together to contact whoever signs the circus up and basically ask them to stop. The Cole Beatty circus comes here and they have a very long history of abusing the animals, which has been captured on film and recorded in USDA records (yet they still haven't been shut down).
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Still trying to get N'Sync to play for your birthday party?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• This was what I was thinking you wanted the information for. I would contact the city council and ask them about their next meeting. Attend that meeting and bring this subject up. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• it is april 11th! I took note of that before I even read your reply Jeremysmom! thanks :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• partygalanne you ruined the surprise! the nsync party was for you! happy sweet 16!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2013