Self check out?

do you like using the self check-out or do you prefer going through a cashier's line? just wondering because i went to walmart today for the first time in a while, and my location finally put in a bunch of self check-out registers. i prefer it because there are usually no lines and im not big on talking to people anyway.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Shopping

• Depends on how much I have. If its a full shopping trip I go to the normal lines but if it's just a couple of items I do self-checkout
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I like self checkouts if I only have a few things
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I prefer to use one with a cashier not sure why everytime I use self checkout the machine goes crazy.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 12:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• depends on how much stuff I have. Today I went to Wal-Mart and had a large haul, so I used a cashier, then I went to Albertsons and only had about 6 things so I used self check out since they only had 1 register open with a line.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• If I only have a few things, I love self checkout.

Answer by missanc at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• It depends on how much I have in my own cart/basket. If it's just a few items, I generally go to the self-checkout because it tends to be much faster than cashier lanes. However, if I have a full cart of things, or anything electronic, I'll go to the cashier and stand in line.
    dezava

Answer by dezava at 12:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I like it at Wal-mart, hate it at Target! Never fails, I have something that someone needs to come and check out, the last time it was allergy meds.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• oh yeah, i didnt have a cartload today. i agree if i have a full cart i usually just go through the line.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I LOVE self checkouts!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I agree with the others- that it depends on the size of my shopping trip. If it's just a few items, I will use the self-checkout.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2013