Microfiber

our couch and chair is made of microfiber, what can i use to clean it? thanks for your help

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I usually wet a soft cloth and dab a little bit of Dawn dish soap on it to spot clean. I also take a vacuum to the sofa about every two weeks or so. That's about all I do as far as cleaning, besides the occasional spritz of Febreeze.
    dezava

Answer by dezava at 12:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I have used baby wipes, upholstery shampoo, and carpet cleaner on our microfiber chair at various times, and all of them worked fine.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I agree with the PP's. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Depends on what part you are cleaning and how much you need to clean. You can unzip the cushion covers and throw them into the washing machine. To spot clean fabric that is not removable, I use Resolve or Oxyclean stain removing sprays, paper towels to blot and lift stains out, and use a damp washcloth to "rinse" it out. It's important not to scrub into the stain because it will push the dirt in even more. Just use a paper towel to press into it after you've let the spray soak for at least 5 mins, then lift and repeat. Enzmatic pet cleaners work well for most stubborn stains. Get them at Walmart, Target or any pet store. I also vacuum the couches once a month and spritz with linen fragrance spray or Febreze every 1-2 weeks. I bought some linen spray for super cheap at TJ Maxx.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2013