Constipation or Pressure?

I am 36 almost 37 weeks pregnant. For the past two days I have been feeling like I need to have a bowel movement. But when I go nothing happens. I push and nothing and I feel so sorry down there. I have gone some but it doesn't seem like enough. I am well hydrated. My baby has been down low since the beginning but I'm not sure if its just more pressure or constipated. Any ideas would be more than helpful. Thanks :)

Jschulke

Asked by Jschulke at 2:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• When was the last time your dr. checked you? They should be doing that every week now until the baby comes. It could be dilation andeffacement, but it could be too much dairy or binding foods. Best to call your OB and tell them how you are feeling and let them ask you specific questions to help you out.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Meant to say sore not sorry.. and I havent been checked yet. I start going this week for check ups and then go every week
    Jschulke

Comment by Jschulke (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• A quick call to them would be your best bet. Good luck.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• You might try eating a little more food that is high in fiber. For me eating corn usually does the trick (TMI,I know)
    More than likely the baby is sitting in such a way right now that things can not pass as easily as usual. If you are in decent condition you should be able to do a hip rock, which also helps the back. It is done on hands and knees. Youu can also try laying on one side for a bit and then on the other and sometimes that will move the baby just enough to help.
    GL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Thanks for the advice. I will probably give my ob a call if it doesn't go away in the next couple hours.
    Jschulke

Comment by Jschulke (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2013