Want to make a "semi" homemade tuna helper, any tips?

i say "semi" because i will still be using a jar of alfredo sauce. but i want the flavor to be more parmesan-y than alfredo-y. if i add the pasta, some water, some of the jarred sauce & seasonings, the tuna, and a crapload of grated parmesan in a skillet together and cook you think it'll come out right?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I use a block cream cheese melted in a a little milk and then thickened with parm cheese to make my own Alfredo sauce. I could see this making a GREAT tuna helper with some egg noodles, broccoli and tuna... ooooo! Then bake it with bread crumbs on top!.... I may have to try this.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• mmm that sounds good butmommie! and i have everything to make that except egg noodles, but i do have rotini which i suppose could work just as well.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• To make my own Alfredo I warm one of those little cartons of heavy whipping cream (don't let I boil). while that's warming, I separate 6 egg yolks from whites (save whites for an egg white omelet tomorrow) when the cream is almost to a boil take a spoonful at a time and temper the eggs so they don't scramble, then add the yolks to the cream, add parmesan cheese to taste. It's my fave way to make alfredo. But_Mommies recipe sounds delish too!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• yeah... mine is kinds-cheater- in a hurry- Alfredo. lol. But it us super yummy and creamy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Yum, when's dinner, OP? I'm on my way over.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Did you do it? How s it?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2013