So can I just vent

I had this boyfriend who I was fake in-love with. I wonder if it was even love. But anyway we were dating on and off 6 years. 2 years at a time mostly. Incompatible soul mates is what you could call it. Well, we have finally been done for couple months now and I do not long him for the very first time in 6 years. So I am VERY happy about that. I used to post all the things he would do on Cafemom and ALL of you would say pack your bags!! Eventually he broke up with me. A mature move on his part because I do not give up on people. Ever! I have a very forgiving heart. Anyway so I've just been existing, not talking to him this whole time, and getting back into the night life, because hey now I can dance. My ex and I never went out. Well we tried but it always end up miserable. So now I can go have fun without THAT! Soooo to get to the point, I met this boy. The only weird thing is we have not actually met face to face we met online. Which is absurd. But if I joined the site to begin with, it can't be that weird can it!? People in my family have married these people. So we have talked on the phone, sent mass text messages and all that jazz, and we are going to meet tomorrow. But is it entirely weird that I feel extremely attracted to him and he to me? Im confused because I thought you had to smell someone's pheromones and all that..he's already saying he cant wait to be all mine. And that's how I feel too. It almost feels like puppy love, not mature love, but SOME sort of love because its in my heart I feel it. So what do you think. Just of the whole situation. Thanks

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• a boy? smell peoples pheromones? what are you a dog?... thats not venting by the way.
    Anonymous

• Come back when you've met him and spent some one on one time with him in person. Until that happens, what you're feeling isn't really reality. It feels like it is, but it isn't.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Wow, this takes online dating to a whole new level. Meet him in person.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Sounds like nothing for me, but hope it works out for you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• is this why I left this site, because of this bullshit?
    It's called science read into it
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• sorry that was to anon and thank you everyone else
    it IS venting cuz im freaked the hell out
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Why are you freaked out? I agree that tngs may change when you meet in person. It's a different dynamic. But it's nice to have a deeper connection than just a skin deep one. It's not like you are getting married tomorrow, it's just the next logical step in figuring out if you really are compatible. Nothing to freak about. Get excited about it, but not freaked.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• i know wtf it is.... but it still sounds dumb. just so you know.. when you see him ask him to pull his pants down so you can smell his ass.
    Anonymous

• Go out. Have fun. What have you got to lose by meeting someone? Just remember, reality doesn't always live up to your fantasies. Still, if you meet him and he isn't what you thought he would be, you're no worse off for having connected with someone for a short time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• its ok, calm, its easy to fall for someone meeting on line honey.. good luck, dont freak out - be safe as you REALLY never know someone who you've never met! just be safe cautious and have a good time. I hope he's the one mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2013