Are you guilty? (annoying things about parents)

GO HERE :)

im guilty of number 13. i dont throw my kids off on people so i can go out. I enjoy the time i have with my kids. people know where i live if they want to stop by fine. but parenting comes before going out,

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I saw that list earlier. No, I'm not guilty of most of those, except for 13. I don't get babysitters. I've never had a babysitter. I do refer to my husband as Daddy when I am talking TO my kids. I don't call him Daddy to him, because I think that's creepy.
    And I really don't care if I annoy people who don't have kids. What they think about me is not my problem.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I really hate people who don't have kids that talk about what it's like to have kids.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• "2. I think my biggest complaint is how you have friends with kids and the kids know who you are but play the shy card. You're not shy, you're being rude. Speak when spoken to!"

what douchey kid-less ppl is this person friends with?! how self-centered does a person have to be to think that way? a lot of those make kid-free ppl look like a-holes. "wah, i dont like that you think your life is hard, mines hard too!" "stop talking about your kids, talk to me about stuff im interested in" "ever since they had kids they wont come to the bar with me anymore, boohoo". my kid-less friends are not that self-involved. i get the screaming & running around in public stuff, but thats bad parenting and not the norm (at least where i live).

and im not guilty of any of those.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• this is just one persons opinion lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Yup, guilty of a few of them

#2 for sure. My son actually developed a stutter because I tried to hard to get him to be polite to people. I didn't bother with my daughter. SHE was more shy than he was.

#5 occasionally. I don't use the plural "we" very much anymore, but I have in the past.

#11 This one I still do. There is NO reason for our kids to call us by our first names. Our kids know them, and try to get a response out of us by using them. They get ignored until they call us Mom or Dad.

#14 I do almost daily. They start fighting with each other in a bedroom, I call them out to me to tell them to knock it off, send them back and they start fighting again. I'll yell from where I am: Knock it off!! Still not that effective, but if I got up for every time I had to deal with my kids and their bickering, I'd never be able to sit down.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Some of that stuff annoys me and I am a parent. Calling each other mommy and daddy is kinda creepy. I don't get a babysitter, but I still find time for all my friends. Of course I have his dad who gets him every other week so I have built in kid-free time. I also know a few single people who get a new bf/gf and disappear off the face of the planet so it isn't just a parent thing. The running into servers thing is just rude. You don't let kids run around restaurants, there is no reason for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I don't think I'm guilty of any of them. But the one that annoys me is saying how she works sixteen hour days and manages a staff of fifty, and how that's harder than doing laundry and watching Baby Einstein for the third time. I admit the challenges are very different, but who's to say harder? Depends what your priorities are. And speaking of priorities, the writer worked very hard to get sixteen-hour days with a staff of fifty, so I'm assuming she wants to be where she is. If not, she can always make change.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• My daughter doesn't call her dad and me by our first names, either. She tried it for a little while with me off and on since I have stepkids who call me by my first name. But maybe I'm selfish; I waited a damn long time to be a mama, and I want the title!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• i have a problem with number 2. my youngest is shy, but it turned out she didn't want to talk because her tonsils were so close that it actually hurt her to talk. now that she's had them out she's talking up a storm.
    if you see a kid acting shy, look down their throat to make sure they don't need their tonsils removed.
    i'm really only guilty of number 7. but i know that's not going to last. my older two had very high lead levels when they were babies. (we moved as soon as we found out the house was 99% lead)
    they didn't add only thing i REALLY hate, and this happened to me once. i had to go to the store to pick up the formula for my middle child. my oldest saw a little beddie at the register and wanted it. i told her no. she threw a big fit and a guy who was standing in line behind us bought it and tried to give it to her. i wouldn't let her take it. i told her she couldn't have it, she threw a fit so she doesn't deserve it
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• yes i know. i dont take offense to it. just though it was fun to read.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2013