Seedy?!?!?!

Seedy Poop? Some say it describes good poop but is that even normal I went to the doctor about it b/c my daughter is only 2months old has been watery and really mucous like he told he its b/c I switched over to formula..Have any of you ladies kids been through this or ever heard of the word?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to Similac.com. They have pictures (Diaper decoder!) of what the poo should look like. My kids were both formula fed & the poo is seedy looking & wet.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Breastfed babies often have seedy looking poop, but I have no idea about formula fed babies and what is normal with them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• I can't say to this particularly because I only breastfed, but living things take a while to adjust to a different diet. You will find when she starts on solids that it will change again and again as she is adapting to the new food.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Normal, for diet switches YES. Even if you feed too much of something like juice or "gag" tomatoes. Tomato poops are great let me tell you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• seedy is normal. I remember it well.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I went through the same with both of my kids and the pediatrician said it was normal, as the stomach is still adjusting from having no milk or formula in the womb, to having it after birth
    NicNatsMom

Answer by NicNatsMom at 2:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2013