Cracking Up

My five-year-old is a born negotiator. Her dad just went upstairs to see what she was doing because we heard her stirring around in her room. She had a flashlight and a Disney Princesses computer game that teaches math and ABC's under her covers. When he told her to put the toy away and go to sleep, she said, "But Daaaad! I was trying to *learn* something! You want me to learn, don't you Daddy?"

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Sounds like my 3 year old daughter...miss manipulation and negotiation USA. I think it is cute. Kids will use any and every excuse to stay up past their bedtimes. Some times I get a kick out of it, other times not so funny once it reaches past the carriage into a pumpkin hour. Enjoy the cuteness while you can!
    NicNatsMom

Answer by NicNatsMom at 3:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Oh geeze!! that sounds like something MY daughter would do, and she just turned 6 a couple weeks ago.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• She is a smart one lol that's one thing I'm afraid of when my daughter gets older :)
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• It doesn't get any better Ballad. My 9 year old is better at math than I am, and has bee for two years now. Granted, he's also SUPER into math and sciences and in our version of the gifted program. AND, I'm incredibly math dyslexic....but STILL. he's NINE! and better than me.

Could be fun things to look up together, finding answers to her questions.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• She'll keep you on your toes, Shaketa. Or your knees maybe. I had no idea that by the time my kid turned five, I'd be saying "I really don't know, sweetie" to so many of the questions she asks.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2013