This dratted weather!

My daughter and I had a picnic in the park this morning with no jackets. The wind came up this afternoon and blew like a fury; we had thunderstorm warnings in my area and a tornado watch further north. Now it's raining and snowing at the same time, and we just got a call that the local schools will be closed because of expected snow tomorrow morning.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ours has been so nice and warm for a while. The kids were wearing shorts. It's been in the 80s, and today it didn't make it out of the 60s. Then this morning the crazy wind started up and it has been ripping the valley apart. My yard is trashed. It felt like my van was going to tip over when I was waiting in the car line, it was rocking so hard from the wind. The wind picked up a rock and broke my husband's side window while he was sitting at a red light. Now we're under a dust advisory. It's hard to breathe or see outside.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Dang lol. We have our first severe weather threat tomorrow :(. I hate spring lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Yep, lovely Colorado weather. We don't have school either. I'm actually excited for some reason. I think it's the turning off of the alarm and not having to go anywhere. The only drawback is that I will probably hear "can we watch Doctor Who" every 10 minutes or so by the time lunch rolls around.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• D: so far its cool wind and sunny but they say we are expecting to have rain Wednesday
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Crazy. It was REALLY windy here today (gusts were 35+mph!) with ugly clouds and some light sprinkles of rain. We kept saying Pooh and Piglet were going to fly by on this blustery day lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Yesterday was really nice out, took my son out and played in the sandbox. Today its in the 30's and raining. Its supposed to snow in the next couple of days too. It's April!! Where is Spring?!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Gotta love the crazy weather. 65 degrees during the day then the temp drops 40 degrees and we start getting insane winds. Now there is already about 3 inches or so of the white stuff and more still falling... LOL! Glad there is no school... I do NOT want to be outside in this! Hubby's office is closed so he thankfully gets to telecommute!!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• We've had gorgeous weather for the last 3 days or so high 70s, low 80s, but we have a cold front coming through Wednesday which means severe weather for us.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2013