I really dont know how to fee about this.. Kinda long and confusing kinda!

opinions, advice, anything is greatly appreciated it! :)

okay, so my son is 1st grade and this boy and him were/are friends, since kindergarten, so now that they moved on to first grade, they've been fighting a lot... and i guess on friday the other boy went home and told his mom that my son poked him in the eye but didn't tell anyone, and no one said anything.. or saw anything..

anyways i have become good friends with the mom, and she texted me all angry today and i was like well i was unaware it happened, the teaccher didn't say anything and my son didn't bring anything up.. so then i guess she was waiting for me after school, but i got their late.. so i talked to the teacher and she says that she did not hear or see anything.. so chances are it never happened.. so i asked her what she suggested and she said just tell him to stay away from him...

i said fine.. so i got home and i get a text from the mom, and shes all like what are you gonna do about this situation and i said i spoke with my son and he said it did happened but it was an accident and he apologized................................. so i left it at that, she said well i think its better if they aren't friends, andi said thats fine by me.. so i told my son to stay away from him.. but then the mom texts me and says... "we can still be friends right??"

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........??

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Umm ... probably not. It doesn't sound like the other mom had room for anything but a guilty verdict.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Well at least you son apologized she should be happy about that some kids don't even do that but at the end when she asked if you and her can be friends? ummmmmm yea i'll pass on that part :)
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• i just don't understand yeah our kids have been fighting for a while but to me they are kids.. kids don't remember shit from yesterday to today.. they let it go.. !! i on the other hand do not! and i was like wtf?
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Wow! How does she expect the two of you to be friends if your kids can't be. That makes no sense to me at all!
    My response to her would be, no, my son and his feelings are extremely important to me so our friendship ends here.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Drama!

You get all pissed at me for something my kid did to yours, don't appear to be ok with the kids handling it themselves, demand that the kids stay away from each other from now on, and STILL want to be friend with me???

No thanks. If I want that kind of drama in my life I'll go watch a Soap Opera or spend a day in a high school.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• That woman is not a friend. She's someone you know and should know a lot less. Too bad for the kids... although most kids are pretty good at carrying on friendships without their parents being involved!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• right, i dont know i'm just gonna leave it alone... and we are switching schools at the end of the year so then i won't have to see them! Lol
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• There ya go. Problem solved. Just a couple more months and it will be a moot point.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I would ignore the email and be civil (to the "hello, nice day" extent, no more) when you happen to run into her.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Go with your gut feeling about the parent friendship. There's no rule that says you can't stay friends with the parents if the kids don't get along. Just don't bring the kids when you hang out. But that's only if you want to keep that friendship and only you would know that. There have been a few kids that I grew up with that I just didn't get along with anymore over the years, but I loved their parents. Is your son okay with you keeping the friendship should you decide to?

If it were me, I would just say, "Sure, let kids be kids but we can still be adults." Then, just be cordial with her from now on but don't take the initiative anymore to really go out of your way to be friends. I think her ability to separate the kids' friendship from her own is something that should be encouraged. I've seen it too many times when the parents seem to mimic their kids' behavior.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2013