My 21 year old son is vomiting and has a LOW temp.?

bigdaddy123746

Asked by bigdaddy123746 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• ok take him to the dr... theres a stomach virus that will do that too.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Did he drink too much last night?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• It is probably something going around. My husband has the same thing...except he has the diarrhea instead of the vomiting. His temp was 95.0 last night (thankfully never went below). Bundled him up and a couple hours later it shot up to 102.1...couple Ibuprofen and hours later it was down to 100.2.

In low body temperatures, just keep an eye on it. If it is below 95, that is considered hyperthermic and he would need to get to the hospital ASAP.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Have him go to the Dr. TODAY!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Are you a dude??? b/c this site is for MOM's...

And... how did this kid live to 21 if your just asking how to deal with puking and a low grade fever now... Troll!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• And . . .?

It could have been something he ate. It could be the flu. It could be a nasty hangover. Unless this has been going on a while I don't even know why you would consult with a Dr. about this. People sometimes get sick. We don't always need a Dr. Sometimes we just need a little time. Give him something to puke in, something to bring the fever down and tell him to make sure to drink plenty.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• And in case it's not obvious, WATER is the best suggestion, followed by sport type drinks to replenish electrolytes (gatorade / powerade).

Do NOT drink anything with alcohol since he is puking. If it were a hangover without vomit I would suggest a strong bloody mary.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Oops...I meant that is considered hypOtheremic. Ugh. I kept calling it hyperthermia last night too. Lack of sleep will do that to a gal.

Crafty...neither DH nor myself have never heard of LOW grade fevers and only know what I know now because of searching through Google last night and there's a good chance DD could have reached 21 before I knew of it if DH didn't decide to stick a thermometer in his mouth last night. LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• He probably ate something or has a virus.
    Make sure he keeps drinking water for hydration.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Hangover?? or worse Withdrawls?
    He's a big boy. He can go to the doctor all by himself if he feels he needs to.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2013