• In the Spotlight:

do u think it would be ok?

tomorrow is my bday and im about 18 weeks preggo- but my hubby bought a really nice bottle of wine- and i wanna know would it be safe if i had a small glass with him? i know they say sometimes a glass here and there can be good for the blood while preggo but i wanted to know wut u guys think- oh and i do not smoke drink or anything and i do everything my dr wants- eat right take vitamins and the baby is very healthy so would it be fine? im going incognito cause i dont want any bashing for those uptight types that think im poisoning my unborn by having a glass of wine- lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that ONE small glass would be fine. Have a good night.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ITS OK TO DRINK A GLASS OF WINE IF ITS RED WINE.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think drinking anything while pregnant is totally pointless. Can you not just get a cheap bottle of alcohol free sparkling stuff..that's what I did while pregnant. I'm sure it won't hurt to have half a glass for the sake of having it with him, but what's the point when the bubbly stuff with no alcohol is so cheap!

Anonymous

• A small glass wont hurt. I craved beer when I was pregnant and my dr said that was ok in limited amounts.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It shouldn't hurt, but why not save the wine until you are absolutely certain after the baby and after bf if you are doing that. Meanwhile as anon suggested, the bubbly grape juice stuff is fun, too. Why risk it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You are NOT supposed to have ANY wine until the 3rd trimester and then it should be RED WINE and no more than 3-4 ounces.
    Anonymous

• There is no point in having an alcoholic drink when you don't have to. I think that is kind of mean of your hubby to get wine when you are pregnant. There are pleanty of great alternatives.

squish

Answer by squish at 7:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I've heard it's fine to have a glass...but in my opinion why even take a small risk? It's not worth it too me!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009