Going through a divorce with kids??

My husband I think is done trying to save our marriage....he tried to commit suicide last month and admitted to cheating on me twice...I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old and I'm terrified to raise them alone...more importantly my 4 yr old is very aware and smart....she is a daddy's girl and it's killing me to think what it will do to her....btw my husband is still "seeing" this little Bitch who's 20 yrs younger....how do I help the girls thru this???

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 10:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• The friction inside your house is harmful to your kids, even though they will be torn away from their dad, it is better for them to have two happy separate parents than two together and unhappy ones....at 4 years old she is too young to try to explain, just say that daddy has to live elsewhere but she will still get to see him, and she will always be her daddy and love her...

Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Whatever you do ..do not ever bad mouth their dad to them although I am sure you will rightfully have bad things to say, just don't say them to your kids, it is very harmful...

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• It's hard but, it needs to be done. When my ex & I finally started living separately (we lived in the same home during our divorce: total nightmare), my oldest was 2 mo. shy of 4 yrs old. for months, she'd go around telling people stuff like "we don't live with daddy anymore". It broke my heart but, she finally got better over time.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I'd be more terrified of raising them around his negative influence than I would be about raising them alone. :(
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Counseling... for you and your DD.... seriously!! Counselor can help you, and help you help her as well!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• pack his shit move it to the front lawn and change the locks.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• You say your DD is smart, do you want her to see this? Think it's okay for a man to lie, cheat and treat her like shit?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Is painful, it will not be easy but is better for everybody to go their separate ways. You can do it just take a day a the time and remember is for the better he do not want to work on the marriage and he still is cheating there is nothing you can do but to let him go. Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I am going though a divorce right now. I just filed last week after discovering things...
    I thought my kids would be devastated - I was wrong. They are glad to see mommy not crying anymore because daddy is a jerk. I am a wreck but they are surprisingly okay.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 11:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2013

• It sounds like your hubby has mre isues that an affair. I would strong sugest yu get him into therapy
    A far as th kids, you keep your life as much the sme s you can.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2013