I eat 900 calories a day is that to many for I want to lose weight? Does less calories make me lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 900 calories is starving your body!! Instead of losing weight like you want, your body will hold on to everything that you feed it. Up your calorie intake. Check out a calculator on the added link to determine what your calorie intake should be to lose weight or to maintain weight when you get down to your weight loss goal.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes less calories make you lose weight. as for how many calories a day YOU should eat...i can't really answer you that because it depends on how much you weigh, body fat, ect.
    Anonymous

• Losing weight is simple. You just need to burn more calories than you take in. So I'm sure you are burning much more than 900 calories per day and will start to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• wow 900 calories is nothing!!!! make sure you're getting enough nutrition!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Less calorie intake can help you loose weight BUT if you are also active you may not be consuming enough calories energy to use for your daily activity that you may not loose weight. 900 does not sound healthy to me.
    Anonymous

• 900 is not nearly enough.

Women on a diet should eat between 1500-2000 a day.
    You will not only lose weight with what you are doing, but you will also look sick, feel like crap and have no energy.
    Anonymous

• 900 calories is not enough! You should be getting at least 1200 calories (or more depending on your weight). If you don't you may lose weight at first but your body will go into survial mode and you will NOT lose weight.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• 900 is close to starving your body. It will go into starvation mode and your metabolism with slow way down.....you are damaging your body.
    Anonymous

• my weight is 160 how many calories should I be getting?
    Anonymous

• Go to www.mypyramid.gov and sign up. Input your information and itll tell you based on your height and weight how many calories you need to have to lose weight in a healthy manner.

Answer by gemgem at 7:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009