waking up really upset!!!

Some night's probably about 3x a month or a bit less, my son wakes up screaming his head off (he's 8 months old) he's been doing this since about 5 months. Seems to be upset and doesn't stop that easy either. He is hard to calm down. He doesn't seem to be in pain though. Any suggestions on what this could be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first thought is teething, but he could also be starting to have more vivid dreams. My daughter is 10 mo. and she does that periodically. Most of the time I blame it on teething but some nights there doesn't seem to be a reason.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i was thinking teething, but there's no teeth! I dunno what to think it's so odd. bad dreams crossed my mind too. It's so scary he get's so tired and out of breath from crying so hard, and it's so hard to snap him out of it.
    Anonymous

• could be night terrors. my son got them when he was first born. thankfully they stopped when he was about 3 months. oh and just because he has no teeth doesn't mean he's not teething. they can teeth for months before any teeth show up.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it can still be teeth even if you don't see any. But it sounds like it may be night terrors(bad dreams). Although it also could be the way he's falling asleep. If he crys himself to sleep at night he is likely to wake up the same way. Also if he falls asleep one place(say the living rm) and then wakes up in another place(like in his crib) that can cause him to get really upset upon waking
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thanks for the suggestions, I think he was also very over tired, he had a busy day yesterday. And I think it's night terror's. But COULD BE also teething..he's a going through all of it!!

Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009