What would you do if an ADULT threaten your young child?

My kids were at the park with their dad and this older kid kicked my DD (5 yrs) and later kicked my DS( 3 yrs), well my DS wouldn't put up with it and kicked him the face since the kid smacked him while DS was going up the ladder. He ran to his mom and he's mom flipped out and threaten to kick DS. Their dad stood up to her but she was still going nuts, trying to provoke him to hit her. She started to claim that he told DS to kick her child because she knew her child hit my DD.

If I was there I would have decked her out, no one threaten my child and act like her child is an angel and does no wrong. I always teach my child to never hit back and go tell an adult but if the kid keeps going at them then punch them back.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would have had one simple statement for her: You touch my kids, and your kid is leaving here an orphan. No adult would EVER get away with threatening my kid.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Probably offer to reach down her throat and pull her tight asshole out through her mouth. Sorry, I know that's not diplomatic, but that's bullshit, to threaten to kick a little kid when you are supposedly an adult.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I wouldn't be able to control myself! Id have clouted her with my large handbag! I'm actually feeling furious for you!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 3:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I get all Momma Bear Bitch on them.

When my oldest was 6 months old or so, hubby and I were at the store he worked in at the time. An employee there threatened to wake our son up. We had JUST gotten him to sleep. I'm 5'6". This guy was at least 6'0". I told him: If you do ANYTHING to wake my son up I will DROP KICK you from one corner of this store to the other and back. Something in my voice or face or something got to him because he threw his hands up and took three steps back away from us.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I would probably call the police and then hold the phone on speaker while she was throwing her tantrum so they knew how serious she was.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• break her kneecaps.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I would stand my ground but I would not be the aggressor... it works out better in court if you don't hit first! LOL Seriously I would NOT hold my tongue though!! Her kids would hear words she is going to wish then hadn't!! And, if she was going to really push it I would offer to call the cops down to sort it all out... not against pressing battery charges against her & her kid!!

Your DH was in a tough spot b/c he really can't hit her without big trouble... even if she hit him first!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Your husband did what was right by not decking her. It showed your children that you can stand up to someone and not get physical. If he had then they would have seen him taken away in handcuffs. No matter if a woman starts things if a man hits back he is in the wrong to most people. It would have done you no good to deck her either. The best thing that could have been done was for dh to bite his tongue and simply say he would take care of it and then gather the children and leave. That way they would not have had to listen to her ranting. It also would have given your dh time to let your children know that sometimes even though you want to hit back and hurt someone who hurts you it's still wrong.

As much as I would love to say I would deck her I can't. Fighting does not solve the problem. Instead I'd have stepped in when the first incident happened and tried to talk to my child to calm down & stay away from her kid.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I commend their dad for having the self control not to flick the twit out of his way. I agree with baconbits that he set a good example for his children. Yes, our instincts as moms tell us to protect our kids & believe me, if it was mom to mom, things could've gotten ugly. I pity that woman's child. She sounds unstable, which is probably why her kid acted the way he did. Hopefully she's not there the next time you take the kids to the park. If she is, maybe find a better park- one without trash!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• That DID happen to me and my DD - I confronted the young adult AND filed a police report.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2013